Welcome everyone and on this Wednesday edition here on A Modern Girl Recommends I will be kicking things off with a DIY that’s not only quick to whip up, but it’s right up a coffee lover’s alley and it’s my DIY Coffee Body Scrub that has been working some skin miracles for me, it has been extremely hot lately and my skin has been feeling the effects that a heat wave can bring and this scrub has balanced my skin, left it incredibly soft and glowing so, if you are looking for some extra summer skin care and a beauty tip stay tuned and let’s get things started with my DIY Coffee Body Scrub that’s basically all coffee a few oils and some optional extras.
What you’ll need
1 1/2 cups of ground coffee packaged or freshly ground it doesn’t matter.
2 Cups of Coconut oil.
1/4 cup of Jojoba Oil.
1/3 of a cup of Argan Oil.
1 Jar for storing your scrub.
1 Mixing bowl.
Utensil for mixing.
Let’s get things started
First add 1 1/2 cups of coffee grounds to your bowl.
Now add 2 cups of coconut oil to your coffee grounds and mix your mixture.
Add 1/3 of a cup of Argan oil and mix
Add 1/4 of a cup of Jojoba oil and mix.
The following step is optional add 8-10 drops of peppermint essential oil or mint essential oil and mix.
Transfer your coffee scrub to your jar and enjoy!.
Bonus Tips & Tricks
- This DIY Coffee Body Scrub should only be used no more than twice a week.
- You can definitely mix things up and put your own spin on things when making this body scrub maybe you would like avocado oil instead or Jojoba, apricot kernel oil or any other oil well throw it into the mix and give it a whirl.
- Throw some essential oils into the mix as well to give your coffee body scrub a spa vibe. I sometimes add grapefruit and lemongrass essential oils and the combination may sound slightly weird but it’s perfect.
- And beware this scrub works amazing, however there will be a lot of shower cleanup because it can be very messy, but who ever said to be beautiful to obtain beauty and to maintain beauty would be easy right? So let’s get a little messy.
- This scrub is NOT intended for children so please keep out of their reach.
And there you have it folks that was my DIY Coffee Body Scrub that’s quick to make and has been a summer lifesaver for me by getting rid of sweat residue, smoothing out my skin and giving my skin a beautiful glow. Thanks for stopping by and like, share and subscribe for more to come.
Disclosure: The ingredients and items featured in the post DIY Coffee Body Scrub were purchased by me for A Modern Girl Recommends website for the purpose of the featured DIY/Tutorial, and all views and opinions expressed are of my own, and in no way dictated, affiliated or drawn by any retailer’s influence.
Please remember that I am not a doctor, dermatologist, herbalist, or health care specialist of any sort, so before adding, beginning or stopping any medication or skin care product of any sort please be smart and consult with your dermatologist or health care specialist, because what might work great for me, might be potentially harmful for another.
*** This DIY Coffee Body Scrub is not intended for children so please keep out of their reach***.