I have recently journeyed over to the wine subscription market and subscribed to probably one of the most notable ones around being Club W, and I thought I would share my experience so far with the company and if I am going to stick around, so lets talk wine and dive right into The Wine Subscription Experience Of Club W and what one might expect. For those who might being thinking what is Club W? and Wine subscription who knew here’s a quick introduction to Club W. Club W is pretty much like any other subscription service, however they deliver wines for the adventurous, the classic, chic, mellow, wine connoisseur or for the wine beginner looking to explore and experience different wines. Club W offers wines to suit many individuals wine indulging needs, and wines for individuals looking to see where they fit into the world of wine by helping one to play around with many aromatic, exotic, savory and sweet flavors. The subscription starts at $39.99 a month making the cost for the subscriber around $13.00 a bottle which is great for a beautiful selection of well-balanced wines, which would cost way more at your local winery or wine store.
So how does Club W work ?
Quite easily you log onto the Club W website ,and then you will be prompted to take a simple quiz so they can pair you with the best wines for your tasting palate. After you have finished your quiz Club W will ask that you register, and then they will reveal the wines that they think fit well with your palate based on your answers. If you disagree or would like different wines have no fear, because they will allow you to switch all the wines you do not like with the ones you would like to try instead. You as the subscriber will still be able to get your wine picks at $13.00 each up to three per order, however you can add more bottles if you desire.
- You can pick either red wines, white wines or a mixture of both.
- The Wine Subscription Experience Of Club W also allows the subscriber to select sweet wines or wines that are dark, rich and have that savory finish.
- The Wine Subscription Experience of Club W also includes with every order two-day shipping, which I love.
- And, what I really love about The Wine Subscription Experience Of Club W is that if for some reason the wine ends up being a flop, Club W will never let their subscribers pay for a bottle they do not like, there are hardly any if none subscriptions that I know of that offers their subscribers this kind of service where they will switch an item out if you are unhappy.
What comes inside the Club W box?
Each Club W wine box comes with the wines you have selected for the month, and they are packaged in an almost crate like cubby that houses your wine selections. Your wines also arrive with recipe cards for paring great meals that complements each wine, and you also receive a card detailing your wines.
About the Wines featured in my Club W Box
First bottle 2013 Au Fudge x Club W | Pinot Noir
Cost $13.00 for subscribers and $22.00 for non subscribers
Au Fudge Pinot Noir was created as a collaboration between Jessica Biel and Club W as a wine that would be featured in her and her business partners new restaurant Au Fudge, and this Pinot Noir is perfect in my opinion. Just a little background of Au Fudge Pinot Noir it features a scent of nutmeg, cinnamon, chocolate – covered cherry, blackberry and finishing it off with a fragrant potpourri. I love everything about this wine from the packaging to its smooth rich taste and how flagrantly it smells, and the finish of a slight hint of wood is not only delish, but as I have mentioned smooth. This wine was made in Santa Rita Hills in beautiful Santa Barbra. Au Fudge was aged in oak for approximately one year before bottling.
Second Bottle 2014 Everbloom Riesling
Cost $13.00 for subscribers
Everbloom Riesling hails from Paso Robles, California and is infused with a floral bouquet of fragrance including honeysuckle, pear, fruit cocktail, white flowers and lychee. Everbloom Riesling is made with German Grape Riesling. This is a more tart wine that is very light with a deeper level of sweetness as stated by Club W. Everbloom Riesling is definitely a nice wine for a summer day, because of its floral fragrance that greets you at first sip, and its tartness and controlled sweetness that sneaks in.
Third bottle 2015 Loves Me Not Malvasia Bianca
Loves Me Not Malvasia Bianca hails from Paso Robles, California and includes notes of jasmine, lychee, honeysuckle, elderflower and to top it all off the added note of honeydew and peach. I love this blend and the wine as well, because it’s a dry wine, but its flavors and fragrance engulfs ones palate at first sip. Loves Me Not Malvasia Bianca is stated by Club W to pair well with both sweet or spicy dishes or on its own and I agree.
- The whole experience. The wine arrived on time and in great condition and top quality packaging.
- I also love that Club W includes with each subscription delicious recipes to complement each wine in your shipment.
- The wines all taste fabulous and the quality in my opinion is top quality what one would expect to see at a high-end restaurant, or at a wine house/merchant.
- I am also loving the wine pairing based around your likings and palate.
- Club W gives the newbie and more experience wine lover a great adventure of discovering locally and responsibly resourced wines that are impeccable and the learning experience is amazing.
- And, the packaging is perfect. I like that the wines arrived in secure packaging and not one was out-of-place or damaged, some beauty subscriptions can definitely take note to how well Club W protects the contents of the subscribers items and package.
Club W Extras
The Wine Subscription Experience Of Club W is one that extends way beyond just receiving impeccable wines each month, because Club W extends the wine tasting experience a step further by hosting fun events where the subscriber can meet with other subscribers of Club W, and engage in wine tastings of upcoming wines that will become available for the subscriber, and at the same time the Club W subscriber will also be sampling cuisines from chefs. Most of the events take place in Los Angeles and local areas, but an event might be coming to your city soon.
And, that was my introduction and review of the wine subscription Club W. I will surely be sticking around, because I have been appreciating the whole experience and featured wines through Club W. I think this is a great must have subscription for anyone who likes to entertain, for those that are a frequent party guess that sometimes likes to show up empty-handed having a bottle from this company show up with you will probably make you one of the favored guest of the evening, and this is the perfect subscription for the wine lover and the one that is consistently looking to experience different wines from bold, spicy, sweet, dry, to smooth wines. Club W truly has a wine for every wine lovers and wine enthusiasts palate, and that was The Wine Subscription Experience Of Club W.
Product reviewed The Wine Subscription Experience Of Club W
Available at: Club W (Referral Link)
Links to products mentioned
2013 Au Fudge x Club W | Pinot Noir (SOLD OUT)
2014 Everbloom Riesling (SOLD OUT)